Hi Everyone! Happy hump day:) I’m so excited to finally be shooting some great Spring transitional pieces. Spring is right around the corner but the weather is still a bit chilly to be breaking out open toe sandals and short sleeves so it’s a great time to layer and play with different proportions.
I styled this look with some Spring must-haves. If you haven’t started shopping yet these pieces will surely be on your list (after you read this post…LOL)
- A High Waisted Jean – With the 70s trend taking over Spring, now is the perfect time to invest in good high waisted denim. These J Brand high rise jeans are so comfortable and couldn’t be more perfect in my favorite black.
- The Trench – A trench coat is a wardrobe staple. I own quite a few and they are all different but still classic, nonetheless. Trench coats make any outfit look polished and sophisticated. A trench is a classic so you’ll never have to worry about them going out of style. What’s even better, there are so many options as far a fabrics and colors in all variety of price points so you have lots to choose from. This particular one is from Zara. I love the length and the soft fabric is so on-point for Spring.
- Pumps – A basic pump is another wardrobe staple. There is nothing more classic or chic than a basic black pump. They will take you from desk-to-dinner and anything in between. What I love about these Sergio Rossi pumps is that they have a bit of texture to them, which makes them unique. They are 4 inches high but surprisingly comfortable (at least for those of us that are used to walking in heels..haha).
- Oversized Clutch – a carry-all clutch is a definite must-have for Spring. There is nothing more annoying then carrying a bag that only fits a lipstick so it’s refreshing to have a bag that is as functional as it is versatile. This particular leopard clutch has white leather on the reverse side so I can switch sides depending on what look I’m going for. Leopard is always a great pop especially when the rest of your look is made up of solid colors.
- Crop Top – Crop tops are still on trend for Spring. I’m loving the flared jeans look with a crop tee for a complete 70s feel. Crop tops work perfectly with high waisted denim because you won’t show as much tummy. I’m always cautious about how much tummy I’m revealing because I never want to look inappropriate, unless of course you are a teenager then this doesn’t apply to you. Keep it classy!
Thanks for reading:)
Coat: Zara (similar here, here and here)
Jeans: J Brand (also here) (love these, these and these)
Sweater: A.L.C. (avail in this color only)
Shoes: Sergio Rossi (also here)
Bag: 3.1 Phillip Lim (similar here)
Watch: Daniel Wellington (get 15% off all products until March 30th with code: MINDBODYSWAG)
X Ring: EF Collection (affordable version here)
Warp Bracelet: Geofrrey Scott (get 15% off all products with code: MINDBODYSWAG)
Bracelet: Vida Fede
SHOP THE LOOK:
SHOP MORE FAVORITE THINGS HERE